⚙️ Admin Panel
The Admin Panel is the right place to configure and customize EcoDash.
How to access the Admin Panel
If this is the first time you've run EcoDash, you will load directly into the Admin Panel, and you won't be able to leave it until you've changed the settings.
After the first run, click the "Admin" button in the left side of the navbar, or in the hamburger menu from mobile devices.
If you do not see that button, you can still access the admin panel by appending "/admin" to the URL of your EcoDash homepage.
- HomeAssistant's base URL: the base URL which you use to access HomeAssistant on your server. It should be something like
- HomeAssistant's API Key:
- Installation date: Select the date of the first day in which your server's consumption was logged in its entirety. Users won't be able to see consumption data before this date.
- Polled Smart Energy Summation entity ID: After your plug is added in HomeAssistant, get it in Settings -> Devices & Services -> Select the smart plug (or the Zigbee dongle -> Smart plug) -> look for an entity called like "[Name of your plug] Polledsmartenergysummation" -> Settings -> Copy the Entity ID. Check that the unit of measurement in the "Info" tab is kWh.
- CO2 signal Grid fossil fuel percentage entity ID: After the CO2 Signal integration is enabled in HomeAssistant, get it in Settings -> Devices & Services -> CO2 Signal "2 entities" -> CO2 signal Grid fossil fuel percentage -> Settings -> Copy the Entity ID. Check that the unit of measurement in the "Info" tab is %.
- Username: The username which you will have to enter the Admin Panel. Note it doesn't have to be the same as HomeAssistant.
- Password: The password which you will have to enter the Admin Panel. Note it doesn't have to be the same as HomeAssistant.
- Theme: This setting will allow you to change the theme. There are no alternative themes at the moment.
- Dashboard name: This will change the name shown in the top-left corner of the screen.