🏠 HomeAssistant Setup
EcoDash requires HomeAssistant to run. Its purpose is translating the protocols that different smart plugs use into a simple universal HTTP API that EcoDash can use.
- Install HomeAssistant: follow this guide. The installation method you choose doesn't matter.
- Add your smart energy monitor. Go to Settings -> Devices and Services -> Add Integration -> Choose your device type. Follow this guide for Zigbee devices.
- Generate an API Key for EcoDash:
- Go to your profile (bottom left of the page - click on your account name)
- Scroll to "Long-Lived Access Tokens"
- Press "Create token", give it a name and click OK
- Copy the token and paste it in a safe place.